JAPER, part of the African American Policy Forum, tries to instigate conversation about racial equality between and among individuals in the US and Brazil.
Digital Strategist & Website Designer
Create tools and strategies to cultivate a community around the AAPF's JAPER partnership, and thus instigate conversations among individuals in the US and Brazil on race/ethnicity equality.
- A website: www.raceequality.org
- A wiki http://www.raceequality.org/w/index.php
- Foundational SEO structure
- Established social media entities and created a social media campaigng geared at targeting different audiences.
- A membership database and newsletter module, successfully integarted with the CMS
- Artisan branding and digital strategy consultation
"Sandy produced a beautiful, functional website for our US-Brazil Joint Action Plan for Racial and Ethnic Equality. Our main goal was to foster transnational debate and Sandy created and organized half a dozen tools for us to do so.
Sandy is enthusiastic about her work and, therefore, excellent in what she does. She came to our organization with ideas and was able to develop a product that responded very well to our needs. Besides, she is always willing to help, by providing trainings and advancing new ideas for improving the projects' visibility.
She is creative, passionate about her work, and especially fast in solving problems."
- Daniela Ikawa, Associate Director, AAFT