Collaborate! is a online community I created, focused on exploring collaboration and community management. Top experts are interviewed, with the hopes of finding best practices.
Founder & Content Creator
In my attempts to trying to educate myself on community best practices, I established a virtual center to help understand how to both mobilize and cultivate a community online and off.
- In less than two months, the website beganing ranking in Google first page organic search result for targeted keywords, such as economic policy research
- Site traffic increased dramatically, with visitors staing longers thanks to the new GUI.
- Almost immediately after lauch, the website began to increase its outside "linkage" dramatically. This was easy to track, since the website had moved to a new URL.
- Press coverage was also enhanced, with the Center's Associate Director claiming that inquiries from reporters began shortly after launch as well.
"Sandy is a web visionary. We hired her to re-create a static website from the 90s, but she did more than that. First, she listened to our programmatic and organizational needs. Second, she didn't just give us what we thought we needed, but helped us look over the horizon at how technology and collaboration could help us build the organization's future. She built in the flexibility to allow for growth over time. She provided multi-level training to staff. And she built the website with the communication and marketing functionality to help us grow our online presence and create an online community. In a matter of months, we were coming up on the first page of Google for our keywords. A very real success! We are proud of the organization's new website and very excited about Sandy's work. Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, Creative" May 12, 2011
- Bridget Fisher, Associate Director, SCEPA